CALL FOR APPLICANTS
Picture NL in partnership with ACTRA NL is calling for applications for their Intimacy Coordinator Training Program.
WHAT DOES AN INTIMACY COORDINATOR DO?
- Implements proper protocols for scenes containing intimacy, simulated sex, nudity or high emotional content
- Liaisons between production and actors to facilitate communication
- Movement coaches for scenes with intimacy, simulated sex, and/or nudity, offering choreography when needed
- Advocates for consent
- Create personal, physical and professional protection for actors
Facilitator, Casey Hudecki is an IDC Certified Intimacy Coordinator, and Partner at
Intimacy Coordinators Canada and has been at the forefront of establishing this role in the industry.
Newfoundland and Labrador currently do not have trained intimacy coordinators in the province.
Casey will be selecting 2 individuals to train as Level 3 qualified Intimacy Coordinators
*There is a level 4 Component required to become fully certified
This is a 12-week hybrid (online and in person) course that also offers hands on training on a working film set.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 13, 2023
Below are the eligibility and application requirements:
- Minimum of 300 hours, 5 years, or 15 show credits working on film & television sets, ideally in a Directorial, Choreography, or Coordinator position
- Current legal ability to work in Canada.
- Experience with in-person Acting workshops and/or training for Performers.
- Experience in movement instruction or coaching
- Availability through the month of October and November 2023 for in person training sessions
- Completed Level 1 & 2 Intimacy Coordinator training program through IDC professionals
- Sexual education advocacy courses and background
- Trauma informed training
- Gender and Sexuality training
- Anti-oppression training
- Mental health first aid (and subsequent MHFA working with minors) training and background
- Resume of related experience (ie: on set experience, movement coaching, advocacy etc.)
- 3 (Three) Letters of Recommendation from industry professionals in related industries
- Letter of Intent: Outline your connection to intimacy work, the skills you bring, and your current challenges related to the work.
Please submit your applications by 5:00 PM on OCTOBER 13th 2023 to [email protected]